Voted 2017 Non Profit of the Year by "Best of Wimberley Contest"
Growing from a group of 12 women in 1979, we are proud of our success and endurance to being one of the oldest charitable service organizations in the Wimberley area. The proven success of our fundraisers that attract visitors from all over Texas supports our future plans to continue and improve these activities, allowing our donations and scholarship awards to grow.
We are a recognized charitable non-profit organization with 501(c)(3) status with two purposes:
In 2016-17 our contributions to non-profit organizations and scholarships totaled $80,000
- To provide financial support to non-profit organizations within the Wimberley Valley that conduct non-partisan activities focused on improving our community and those who live in it.
- To provide scholarships to college-bound high school seniors attending Wimberley High School, Katherine Ann Porter School, or receiving education at home through a state-approved curriculum and residing within the Wimberley Valley.
- Animal Referral Friends
- Barnabas Connection
- Camp Good Samaritan
- Combined Community Action/Meals on Wheels
- Crisis Bread Basket
- EmilyAnn Theatre & Gardens
- Fig Tree
- Friends of Blue Hole
- Friends of the Library
- Hill Country Community Band
- Hill Country Herb Society
- Mini Equine 2 U
- My Neighbor's Keeper
- PAWS Shelter & Humane Society
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul
- Starlight Symphony
- Veterans Memorial Plaza
- Water Testing
- We Believe Women's Corporation
- Wimberley Adoption Group & Rescue - WAG
- Wimberley Community Chorus
- Wimberley Gold Santa
- Wimberley HS Academic Booster Club
- Wimberley Players
- Wimberley Ray of Hope Foundation
- Wimberley Senior Citizens Activity
- Wimberley Special Olympics
- Wimberley Valley Art League
- Wimberley Valley Habitat for Humanity
- Wimberley Chamber of Commerce
- Wimberley Valley Radio
Home Tour & Spring Event Fundraisers
One of Civic Club's most important goals is to nurture community spirit through service and financial support. Through our two fundraisers-and because of the hard work and dedication of all our members and the enthusiastic participation of our community-we are able to achieve that goal and help ensure Wimberley's wonderful quality of life.
From November into May, these two events provide a broad variety of entertaining and/or educational activities for our community and beyond. Proceeds go back to the community through donations that support the work of many local non-profit agencies and organizations and through scholarships for graduating seniors.
Wimberley Community Civic Club is proud of its success and endurance, being one of the oldest charitable service organizations in the Wimberley area. The proven success of our fund-raisers, which attract visitors from all over Texas, many of whom return year after year, supports our future plans to continue these activities, while improving the access, offerings, and scope of our events, allowing donations and scholarships to grow.